Post Date: 2nd October 2017
Location: Accra (resident) with regular visits to Project Locations and the field operations as required
Springfield Exploration and Production Limited (SEP) is one of the newest entrants into Ghana’s rapidly growing oil and gas industry. SEP is seeking an experienced EHS Manager who will be responsible for Designing and delivering an effective EHS risk management programme appropriate to the Company.
This role reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Design and deliver an effective EHS management programme appropriate to the Ghana business.
Create secure, safe and healthy working conditions throughout the site, while protecting the environment during operations.Provide the leadership and support necessary to ensure efficient EHS management.
Manage the implementation of EHS initiatives including the delivery of in-house trainings/meetings as needed.
Investigate accident/incident reports identifying root causes and actions for improvement and carry out site inspections/safety tours on as needed basis.
Represent the company in any EHS meetings or discussions with regulators or partners.
Have knowledge of and enforce compliance of permits, government regulations, industry practices and company EHS policies and procedures.
Lead the emergency response team.
Prepare and manage the company’s EHS budget and work plan.
Maintain relevant EHS logs and documentation and prepare applicable EHS reports as necessary.
Ensure that an effective relationship is established with the regulatory authorities and main contractors.
Ensure that contractor personnel working on the site are in compliance with company policies and safety requirements.
Support the EHS Corporate requirements as required and ensure both lessons learned and best practices are shared.
Coach & develop the in country team to deliver 1st Quartile performance.
Keep abreast of any safety and environmental law or regulation changes that impact the organization
KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A minimum of a Degree / Masters in related field, Science or Engineering.
- A formal qualification in H&S or E preferred.
- 15 years of relevant experience with up to 5 years of experience in EHS Management
- Knowledge of engineering / industrial manufacturing is a prerequisite
- Analytical ability: To be able to calculate EHS KPI’s
- Detailed knowledge of Risk Management, Environmental and Safety Standards
- Understands the Values/Leadership Capabilities and functional aspects of HSE Role
- Project management skills
- Ability to work to high standards under tight deadlines.